Friday, March 22, 2013

Trust the Force, Luke


I was born in the year of the snake. This is my year, so what's to come?
I was about to enter the zoo when this person called.  Zoos are nice but you know, when all you have is a cell phone with it's extremely wide angle lens, you try to take a powerful photo of the monumental elephant, the lens diminishes his presence and it's more like looking at a far off donkey. But I found these three I really liked and felt were capable of multiple meanings. So I emailed them and entered the Reptile House.  After I received the question, I wondered why, if I'm such the fancy oracle, why didn't I intuitively hold out for the reptile house?  Bemoaning my lack of psychic abilities and pining about "how cool would that have been" to have sent a photo of a snake when a friend asked me, "what if?" What if I had taken a photo in the reptile house?  "Look, here's a snake!" What could that photo mean?  All that would say is "you are a snake" and they already know that. The point of this exercise (well one, there are so many) is not to explore what we already know but to go beyond and consider other possibilities, other eventualities. So perhaps, intuitively, I actually did do the right thing. Along the same lines, another friend said, "You, Beth Lilly, are not doing anything. Trust the Oracle, trust the process".

No comments: