Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dating Best Friends


Will me and my best guy friend ever date?
The middle photo was a real surprise for me. At the time, I was trying to photograph a woman doing jumping jacks without appearing to be a stalker (a real talent if you can develop it) I was focusing so closely on being nonchalant that I didn't notice until after taking the picture how perfectly she appears to be suspended from the tree limb - suspended in time - held in stasis.  So I read these sets of images as 1. This idea of dating your friend is a trap 2. It's keeping you suspended in time, preventing you from moving on and developing other relationships and 3. There will be relationships after relationships after relationships, all as wonderful and dear and special as this one. Enjoy all of them to the utmost, for what they are, I say.

No comments: